View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2171693)   #1
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Snetterton 5th/6th April 08

I would like to say a big BIG thank you to all the marshalls who gave up their time, and a lot of their body heat, attending the meeting this weekend.

Saturday was cold, windy, miserable, and had sleet, rain and hail most of the day. Whilst I think most drivers behaved admirably, there were quite a few spinners, and the diligence of the marshalls kept the meeting vaguely on time, with decent flag warnings etc.

Sunday was dry (mostly), but still windy and very cold. I needed a couple of push starts (damn battery playing up), and with the numerous accidents in the Mono2000 race they made sure that the yellows were clear (although for some reason blue flags weren't very apparent).

When a meeting is dry and uneventful you guys are still critical to the success of a meeting (just as much as the drivers are, if not more so, because we haven't generally got a clue where to go at any given time). But in weather like this you really keep everything up and running. I can't thank you all, not just those at this particular meeting, for giving up your time to watch a bunch of whimsical, petty, egotistical wannabe racing drivers making a fool of themselves for their own 'fun', and keep them all in check.

If club motorsport is the REAL motorsport scene, then the marshalls are certainly the pillars that keep it working (or some such cliche).

Thanks!