View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2014, 01:49 (Ref:3371438)   #8
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hadn't heard about Coventry. Sad news. The prospect of losing any venue is not good, especially a major shale one. What about the Speedway team?

Have to say while not the heady numbers of the golden years, the ovals I attend still pull in reasonable crowds.

I know Arena Essex went from weekly to fortnightly meetings.

But in recent years Wimbledon has gone the other way, to weekly meetings, (though the banner on the stadium still says fortnightly.)

Only the old back straight is open at Wimbledon, but what is open is busy most weeks, and was very busy for the opening round of the banger world series. And my local summer track, Arlington, still attracts a decent crowd on a wednesday evening, especially during the school holidays.

It was sad to loose "Short Circuit magazine" a while back, but it doesn't feel like the sport is in decline is in deline. So it's a shame to still be losing venues.

With regard to Winter, I was thinking of racing meetings, rather than testing, track days, etc. And more than one or two winter events.

I was just wondering if any other track was running regular events, like Wimbledon?