View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3668522)   #1504
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Matsumoto addressed the shortcomings of the NSX GT500 in RCE earlier in the year. Also Honda has a new engine coming next year (not evolution - new).
Thanks. A completely new engine next year is welcome news. What is RCE?

Quote:
Matsumoto wants a FR layout car and more technical freedom in the regulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Kind of difficult when Honda doesn't sell a single front engine two door car in Japan, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I think the problem lies with the DTM-based chassis tub. Remember, it was originally designed only for front-engined cars.

I would understand Matsumoto's frustration about the NSX GT500 program that he wants to put the engine at front (aka the NSX FR that wasn't raced in 2010) and/or more technical freedom that'll mitigate the chassis's limitations.
Poor excuses. He alrealy had a FR car called HSV-010 GT so why change to MR precisely when the regs make it impossible to be competitive other than a FR car?

But even before that, he made a mess of the HSV GT project which was originaly developed under the previous project leader (I forgot his name) who retired in 2010. Honda won the series that season with that car, then Matsumoto replaced him as GT project leader and the HSV struggled ever since except for 2013 - the only season it was competitive with GTR and SC430/RC F under his watch. There were a couple of seasons in particular where the pace was shockingly bad, 2014/2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post
It was more than stupid to turn the FR DTM Chassis into a MR NSX.
(Marketing Team's brilliant idea and Engineering Team being yes men)

So first it was going to be a compromised design then it was handicapped by series for being MR and Hybrid.(that was like helping putting the boxer in the ground after you killed him in the ring).
Exactly. When I first read that Honda was going to race the MR NSX in SGT - after we already knew the DTM-style crap regs and all the restrictions, I had a very bad feeling that Honda will suffer/struggle. It was just a terrible idea to enter an MR car in such circumstances. They should've continued racing the HSV until a new production FR sportscar arrived. It was a no brainer.

I blame Matsumoto because he, as the Honda GT program chief should know better and say to the marketing team: "NO, NO, NO. Here's why..". There should't even be a debate. There was only one logical decision and I don't understand why they still keep him in that position. It's clear he has no leadership.

Sam, he wants more technical freedom in the regulations? Well, why did he accept this regulations in the first place? I have to say that I was surprised I didn't hear any resistance from Honda of all companies toards what I thought was a laugable set of regulations and I admit I thought Honda would never accept such joke. They always hated restrictions and spec racing. Now Matsumoto is speaking after the damage is done?