View Single Post
Old 16 May 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3976603)   #97
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There are a few people I know of who are both racemakers and marshals, but not many, and most of them are marshals first.

The pink shirt brigade see the same stuff about marshalling as everyone else and I understand some have attended taster days (not just at Silverstone) but I'm yet to meet anyone who's made the jump. That's not saying there aren't any, I just don't know of any!

Your first observation is obviously the right one
Serious question to experienced Marshals; There have been drivers who have marshalled alongside experienced crews in order to either gain knowledge and experience of the work that Marshals do, or in some cases to gain a licence signature in order to help get them an upgrade.

In the case of the 1/2 August weekend where it's clearly going to be tough to get the right balance of quality and quantity, would the Marshals WANT support from drivers who are not racing at present on these events if it helped out? If so, would there be mileage in going via Motorsport UK to appeal to drivers to support Marshals at these (and other) events?