View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3843198)   #101
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It wouldn't bug me so much, but Belle Isle seems to get an inordinate amount of it, and the items I listed are the main culprits as far as opt-cited "reasons" for the ire towards the venue.

And I'm just going "Really?". This isn't the downtown Detroit street circuit, the Caesar's Palace carpark, Fair Park (1984), Phoenix (F1), San Antonio (1987-88), New Orleans (1991), Bayfront Park (2002-03), the 2005 iteration of San Jose, Houston (Reliant Park), or Long Beach (1982-91). I could include more if I go into Trans-Am (like Grand Rapids, Niagara Falls, and the 1988 version of Fair Park), but you get the picture.

Anyway, if there are still going to be 17 races in 2019, then there's got to be something else new/returning coming along. I think we've already taken a definite step up with the move from the IndyCar layout at Sonoma to Laguna Seca.