View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3872016)   #270
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
See that, E.B, we know how to treat our migrants!
What kind of gift? Beaujolais, Bordeaux, Bourgogne, vin de Loire? Red, white, grey or rosé ? I dont drink on a regular basis but enjoy white Sancerre-Bordeaux-Chablis-Petit Chablis-Menetou Salon when my wife would prefer Riesling. I do appreciate red Bordeaux, specially Saint Emilion and sometimes Bourgogne depending on the meat. With moderation except for champagne.
A nice assortment of bits & pieces such as smoked trout, cold meat, chocolates etc, also a bottle of red (Chateau Riereau Les Pins, Cotes de Bourg), a bottle of white (Chateau du Petit Lac, Cotes de Bergerac), plus a bottle of Frexenet, which I think is Spanish, so not so good! This is all delivered to everyone in the village over 65.

Right now I'm enjoying a pint of Adnams Broadside, which is going down rather well.

You mention rose, Michele told me a story of how on holiday in, I think, Turkey, she asked for a glass of rose, at which point the waiter picked up a bottle of red & a bottle of white & poured equal amounts into the same glass!