View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3876571)   #80
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Australasian Le Mans Series. Or the old Asia-Pacific Le Mans Series.

We'll see how this goes, but you're going to want a good-sized grid for the 4.828-mile course layout not to appear really empty.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit of a Miller vibe, where ALMS and GA ran the long course at first, then the shorter layout, and then just left.

Even the 3.076-mile configuration seems a bit fiddly, and neither one is especially fast. For GT3s, I have fast laps noted down for the Long Course of a 3:03.821, and for the Short Course, a 1:48.400.

It just seems like there's too many places for the LMPs to get stuck in traffic, and it's a long lap to boot. It could be kind of a frustrating, and even disorienting, watch. I hope there are more visible surroundings for the track by then; otherwise, you may get lost wondering which of the 35 (give or take) corners you're looking at.

My hope for an Australian round would have been Phillip Island, no contest. Oh well. Like I said at the top, we'll see how this goes.