View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3882513)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I need to check out the gearbox and decide if I carry on or use another car I have been offered . I will check in later .
Surely there must be someone back at base who could arrange for a spare box to be flown out to you Iain?

On of my first motorsport related task back in the day was to take a crate of spare parts - nose cone in an open crate with other parts strapped to bits of the crate, shock absorbers and brake parts mostly iirc. - to Rapid Movements near Heathrow for shipping overnight to South Africa.

I thought they were joking. Who knew stuff could be sent such distances so quickly AND retrieved at the other end in hours rather than days?

I wasn't quite sure where RM were and managed to miss the turning that would have taken me there, subsequently driving around for a couple of hours before I found them. Still in time for successful transportation though.

OK, so NZ would take a little longer - probably too late for this weekend. But it's the idea that should be considered!