Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3844523)   #50
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I believe Silverstone themselves asked for the change to accommodate another series, and I'm guessing the money they'd get they feel offsets any lost ticket sales by saying they've increased your value per ticket. Although I think many here would argue less WEC means less value.

I know people who have stopped coming to Petit on Wednesday as the WeatherTech guys don't come in track until Thursday morning now, so not exactly better value there. It's not the same thing as it was done here to save the teams money by cutting a day not race length. But it is still one less practice session so less time on track with the main event. More spec MX-5s is NOT an improvement for me. But I want my camping spot so I'm there early regardless who's on track, maybe I'm not the target audience for this type of change either.
I think your last line is quite funny because it's how we all seem to feel, lol. Everyone seems to be saying "maybe this isn't targeted at me", including me. If it isn't for us, who is it for? lol.

Reducing the main event to get another support event is bizarre. Although there was a weird statement during ELMS, but I forgot who said it - they said Silverstone was basically the only place other than Le Mans where you'll get that many top line sportscars in one weekend, but I disagree - Sebring next year will have the same thing.

Maybe that's what they should do. Turn Silverstone into an ACO festival to start the year. Stick Le Mans Cup in as well, and do what IMSA does so well - big weekends of everything.