View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3564566)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, I forgive the ACU accusation Dave, I know who you are very well, and how that just ahve made you chuckle as a result!

And you make a lot of valid points, events are the future. Race meetings are basically track days with a pay ticket.

A lot of club bike meetings are similar, but what bike racing has is that involvement from riders, it is more of a club than car racing and driving cars. Same as motocross and enduro.

Plus you have more variety in off road and it is far, far cheaper to get involved in, so a series like yours can have decent grids and be adventurous with new ttpes of class etc.

That does not happen in circuit racing anymore and you have series like rallycross that even tried to run two series at the same time and wondered why grids collapsed. And the bastion of motorsport for decades rallying has now been mismanaged so badly there is no national championship, imagine not having BSB! ( I know you wouldn't probably mind but remember what it was like in the early 90's nationally?)

It seems bikes are capable fo running plenty of different championships both on and off road, cars really can't manage it, yet for some reason the people in responsibility do not seem to understand!