View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3426775)   #4
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Porsche for me, in that they confounded expectations so thoroughly. I didn't expect them to be running come sundown, let alone be in with a shot at victory with a few hours to go.

Toyota too over achieved, especially given the failure to show at Spa, but again, both being out relatively early lessened the impact.

Peugeot did pretty much what I expected them to. Arrived, went quite quickly, but never looked like winning it, even if Audi did its level best to lose it all by itself in 2007. So an impressive performance, but not necessarily all that compellingly memorable. Wasn't hugely impressed by Bourdais' stunt of parking up before the finishing line for the last period of the race either.