View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3918401)   #122
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks broadrun, good to know that racing isn't dead at the "grass roots".

When I used to watch Busch series in the '00s (used to get a 1 hour highlight show in the UK) crowds looked pretty decent. Less than the packed out Cup races but decent all the same. When I watched the Bristol xfinity round this year I think there were more team members in pit lane than fans in the stands Cup looked like more empty seats than sold ones too. Folks must be staying away for good reason. Some of the popular drivers retiring, the stupid play off nonsense and naff cars that made real racing a rare sight for the last few years ate probably a part of that.

Something mahoosive needs to change to attract audiences otherwise it's going to die off. What young man/woman is going to want to bust their balls to work their way up to driving a car round a deserted track. You can do that far cheaper at a shopping mall on a Saturday night!