View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3702933)   #66
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am still in wait-and-see mode on this one. I have high hopes, but they are based on the high hopes and PR from Ginetta. Teams are interested in committing, but until cash changes hands and chassis are built .... Look how many cars get all the way to wind-tunnel mock-ups or even prototypes and then simply fade away like a child's dream (cheap Dome pun, there, sorry.)

I'd love to see this class attract some interest---back before hybridism was enforced, P1 was a rich and varied class, even if everyone knew that Audi or Peugeot would win and everyone else would be lucky to podium.

I guess if teams were willing to invest back then, it makes as much sense now----even more, as the winners (if not the whole field) will at least get a podium ceremony for their enormous expenditure.

The class has been a bad joke for the past two seasons, with the only suspense being, would one of the three car even finish. However ... can Ginetta carry it alone? Can ByKolles find the cash to compete for yet another couple seasons without any sort of success? Will BR actually build something?

If we don't see something tangible by mid-season, I'd write off the class. if a couple constructors actually construct something by Le Mans .... then maybe there is cause for hope.