View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4076576)   #24
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
There is no fuel shortage , all of the fuel companies have plenty in stock .
The problem is getting it to the garages .
Poland is about 100,000 HGV drivers short , Germany over 60,000 down , most of Europe has a shortage of drivers and UK needs another 60,000 odd .
But a lot of the UKs problem stems from the DVLA , which used the Pandemic to hold up 54,000 HGV licence applications .
As well as the driver shortage , an anti Brexit supporter decided to create a panic by saying there would be no fuel at garages , which has led to the current problem so that they could blame it on Brexit . He probably saw the earlier toilet roll buying chaos and thought he would do the same with petrol .
Indeed.

My wife managed to fill up (well, put £40 in through her own choice) today but as she told me only E10 was available. Her friends have come up with th afew claimed E10 issues so she is a bit wary - hence only about 2/3 of a tank purchased.

An '05 Corolla should be OK .... but who knows these days.

However, it did occur to me that if someone really wanted to mess with people AND "prove" that E10 was generally OK, creating an artificial availability shortage and then making only E10 available (or severely restricting anything else) might be an interesting ploy. If the opportunity was spotted at the right moment.