View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4080850)   #962
Keaart
Rookie

Keaart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Now this is the sort of detail I really love to receive. John Strutt, having seen this thread, has contacted me and provided the following information and pictures about his Griffith which he has owned for over 40 years:-

'I have owned this car since 1970 and, basically, apart from fitting 4 Weber carbs and GT40 heads in the 1970's and the wheels being changed in the 60's, it is completely as it left the factory.

It was ordered and supplied by the factory with a lightweight body and factory installed roll bar. As you can see from the registration it was first registered in Cornwall, the first owner raced it in hill climbs and sprints with some considerable success and then part exchanged it for a Lotus 30/40 with a racing car dealer in North London.

The second owner (a friend) bought the car to tow a caravan, he said he could still out drag anything on the road even with a 10ft Sprite caravan attatched.
He was the one who changed the wheels!!!! It came from the dealer with 4 magnesium minilite wheels, Gerry Marshall of the Barnet Mo Co gave him £30.00 in p/x for the 4 mag wheels and the splined hubs. Some bargain?

Here are a couple of pics from Brighton Speed Trials where I raced the car for 20+ years, best time 139mph x 19.24 secs for the 1/2 mile, a class win, and from Santa Pod.

Anyway, Chassis no is 420/200GB 5028.
/
Hi my Dad Peter Blewett from Cornwall, owned this TVR. I would love to see it again. If anyone can put me in touch with John Strutt or give me more information about this car I would appreciate it.