View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4084961)   #260
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I have a question regarding the yellow flags during Qualifying. Don't all groan at once. Was the yellow flag, double or single, waived just at Verstappen, Bottas and Sainz or was it waived at other drivers as well?
The order of events (from reviewing video)

Gasly slows - yellow flag sector 18
Clear
Chequered flag
Yellow flag sector 20
Ocon crosses the line (passed the marshal post before flag shown)
Then, the following drivers pass the yellow flag.
Vettel - slowed
Norris - slowed
Alonso - slowed
Bottas -didn't slow
Sainz - slowed (but only marginally, and some debate over whether this was from being slow out of the corner)
Flag changes to double yellow
Verstappen - didn't slow

And for those querying the 'green light' on the right hand edge of the track. It is in the pitlane, not trackside and is not visible from drivers'-eye level.
Attached Thumbnails
Bottas - single yellow.PNG   Verstappen - double yellow.PNG  
Attached Images