View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4084987)   #270
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I see that but there is also the sign for the beginning of DRS zone, just before the Marshal's post and the image is not from the driver's perspective, but from the airbox cam. The driver is much lower.
I'm not sure I'm explainiong this well - and we might be pushing the same point.

The yellow flags and DRS sign are all track-side of any furniture and so visible from the drivers' perspective. The light panel in the pitlane is not track-side, and so (at least partially) obscured from the driver.
Attached is an image (in daylight) of the pitlane light panel. The shrouding is just visible.

Another interesting point I note (at least to me) - the number of Marshals' posts increased from 26 for FP1 to 44 before qualifying. I wonder if this was a factor in the race control messages and interaction with Marshals' posts?
Attached Thumbnails
Pit Lane.PNG