View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4085049)   #277
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I think that the light panels are generally reliable, and far more visible than the flags, especially in the dark, so the drivers generally just rely on the light panels and dashboard lights. They then get caught when the lights are not properly activated when a flag is thrown. If the lights are unreliable, perhaps the FIA should just pull the lights and rely on the flags alone.
The flags are king. The other are supplemental. Removing those will remove a safety aid for the drivers and track workers. It would be a backwards step.

My car tells me the speed limit on a road. That is useful and a safety feature for me, but I know it is the actual signs on the road that define it and still observe those. If I only relied on the car that would make me an idiot and if I got caught speeding, or worse, it would be my fault. What my car told me would not be an excuse.