View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3687161)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
The dated wiki page on NGTC says 200.000 pounds plus 25.000 per engine, that's close to 300.000 Euros a car compared to 130.000 for a TCR Audi or 90.000 for a TCR eligible Peugeot. For cars that punch the same weight that is a huge advantage for TCR, especially when there will be used cars with proper gearbox available and they don't mess up the Bop.

Where NGTC shines though is the reusability of the spec RML parts, even in different cars, even brands. If TCR g
becomes a "whohasthenewest" race like GT3 that might balance the NGTC disadvantage.

As much as I prefer TCR over NGTC (especially the looks), when it comes to BTCC i'd say: Don't fix what ain't broken.

BTW: Did anyone notice that STARD said their KIA has 350 bhp instead of 330 bhp? That's closer to NGTC figures, while TCR has supposedly better suspension (there was a comparison between the BTCC Honda and the Cup Seat a couple of years ago) and a bigger splitter. I'm very curious about a laptime comparison between TCR and NGTC but at least on tight tracks I would put my money on TCR, on high speed tracks on NGTC.
Interesting. I thought I recall a figure of £300-400,000 for the initial NGTC builds, and then each one after that gets cheaper...?