Thread: Project Brabham
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3457611)   #27
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
As with any investment there is an element of risk.
There are a lot of crowd funding projects though, where you pledge and if the funding is met then your money is invested and if not then you get it back.

This particular instance is not like that. In this case, you give your money and that's that. If they don't make it to their goals, they keep the money anyway. Which doesn't seem right to me, but that's the way it is.

This isn't an 'investment', in the traditional sense. The only thing you're investing in is hopefully supporting an extra car being on the grid that you can feel part of. This is a donation to a potential racing team that might not happen.

Just to make it clear, I have given a little money and hope it comes to fruition, but I'm not expectant and I don't want anybody to be under the false belief that they will get anything back from this or that it is guaranteed to happen.