View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3801722)   #49
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Those of us who have been watching F1 in the UK for *ahem* a few years or more have a finely-tuned ear when it comes to the "pause so the rest of the world's broadcasters who take the BBC/ITV/Sky feed can go to ads now" breath hold technique.
Interesting.

So I am curious... Given they do live commentary, what do they do during the period when others "go to commercial?"

Do they just as you say find a quick end to whatever they are saying (we in the US would break away) then they start up talking again for a few minutes until there is is what they think is the expected end of the break, stop talking (we in the US return) and then they pick up talking again? Does the context change during that time? Hopefully upon return they are not finishing up a joke or story in which we get a cryptic punchline with no setup!!!

"And then he said... Because the alligator liked the red hat instead!!! HAHAHAHAHA"

Richard