View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3812404)   #192
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I have never understood this POV at all. If I want to spend a hundred million for my son to race why shouldn't I be able to and forget the argument he is keeping some super duper mega talented driver out because if the driver is so good sponsors will come to him so I don't buy it at all. It's my money and I want to spend it my way, not yours or anyone else's.

Now we can look at what has happened since Stroll decided to go motor racing from the start to F1, he has injected a shed load of money into the sport, kept a lot of people in jobs I dare say and possibly even saved Williams from going under because he put his hand in his pocket and sponsored his son's racing. A lot of people are still employed because of it and I have to ask where the problem is.
I have a bigger problem with what daddy stroll is doing than I do Claire williams. Imo, if you are going to take up one of only 20 or so seats in a high level series, blocking the way for an actual merit based seat, they should have to pay for a 3rd car for the team to field another car with a driver based on merit that can't acquire the needed funds. It devalues the series when a 20 car grid in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing only has 12-15 actual merit based drivers.