Thread: TV SkyTV's "The Race"
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1762620)   #14
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is car crash TV at it's finest isn't it..

I Sky+ it so I can skip the 60% of the show that doesn't need to be there, but I am enjoying Tamaras improvement, she's grown from a completely hopless heiress on episode 1 to last nights kamikase effort in the Caterhams, with even Irvine noting she's the one with speed. Can't stand her smile or simpering voice though.

Jenny Frost from Attomic Kitten is more of a man than most of the men, foul mouthed, an animal behind the wheel and sexy as all hell!

The show is obviously biased towards the women, every time the lose the "The race director(ess)" a bizarre decision robs the men of their win so they don't storm to an easy win, I guess they have to pretend there's some sort of competitive element.

Finally the show was doomed from the start, the incredbly poor production values, and Outens inability to spot a bad line coupled to the terribly miss matched teams, 5 men with racing/flying experience against 5 women only 1 of whom had shown a previous interest in racing, where's Jody Kidd or um.. well.. ok, I see their problem, but they could have dumbed down the men a bit in that case.

Having said all that I'm glued to it! It's crap but it's crap with a cold Silverstone and Jenny Frost to look at so I'm happy.