Thread: Diecast/Models Le Mans 1:18 Winners
View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3558486)   #210
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I have slowly been selling my collection off over the past four years. First was my Montoya collection - all bar a few - then I am half way through the 100 or so super tourers I had. Next up will be the aye ton senna 1:18s. Will be sticking to the Le Mans winners now.
I was thinking about sticking to one series / theme as a way of limiting my collection but I've found that too hard - there's just too much of the "I can't get rid of that one it's just too cool" about it. I'm planning on thinning out duplicates (I've got about 15 different S2000 BMWs for example) and reducing the collection that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
The display is actually in my office at work. We'll away from the kids! Would love to bring them home if ever I got a room back here but it's unlikely as there is no space to expand where we are and I cba to move!
Away from the kids is a good idea - I came home one day to find a Lister Storm and TVR 400R being raced around the living room floor I've now got 2 small cabinets on the wall in my man cave / home office and a couple of shelves in a bookcase. Nowhere near enough space for the whole collection (hence the need to thin it out).