View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2002, 18:40 (Ref:378974)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: ALMS possibilities

Quote:
Originally posted by ALMS-FANATIC
- Doran Lista Dallara LMP
Yes I think they'll be there. Perhaps not run by Doran, but a Lista Dallara-Judd anyway.
Quote:
- Crawford Racing Crawford SCC
Doubtful. Crawford seems to be focussing on his DSP. I believe the SR1/LMP has been pretty much abandoned.
Quote:
- Robinson Racing R&S MK3-C
Don't know. It all depends on the team's plans for next year; if they'll stay in ALMS they will probably run this car.
Quote:
- Sezio Florida Norma M2002
Mr. Sezionale says they want to be there but they are a small outfit so they may not do a full season.
Quote:
- Pegasus Racing Lola B2K-10
To be honest, I doubt if we will see that car on track again after 2002.

Quote:
As for the european ALMS race(s)
...if there will be any....
(did you purposely leave out the MGs and Bentley(s), btw?)
Quote:
- Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 2x
they have had tech trouble this year; they may not pursue the de Cortanze Courage project. We'll see. I hope they can keep Peugeot support, or find another good engine deal.
Quote:
- Racing for Holland Dome S101 2x
The second chassis isn't actually Lammers' car; he only loaned it from the factory.
Quote:
- Team Oreca Dallara LMP 2x
they may be doing LM only, as this year (their FIASCC outings don't really count; those were nothing more than extended test sessions). Looking for a works engine deal.
Quote:
- Courage Competition Courage C60JX 1x
Hopefully. And maybe he'll sell one or two cars?
Quote:
- Durango Formula GMS LMP1 1x
I doubt that very much. It's simply not a competitive car.
Maybe we'll see the R&M as well although that won't be competitive against the current frontrunning LMP machinery either.

Some cars I'd like to see in FIASCC competition (because I believe there will be a series next year) are all those European teams mentioned above, as well as all those Lola B98s and B2Ks that are currently in storage (Konrad! Kremer! Berridge post-"Michel Vaillant"!) as well as an Eventus car that doesn't break down ; the Rowan Reynards; the Rafanelli/Blieninger long-tail R&S Mk.III; maybe a privateer MG?? (alright so I'm asking too much); a couple of SR2 Pilbeams and Lolas - In other words: a solid 20 car grid every time out. And a stable schedule, please.