View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2021, 00:35 (Ref:4082079)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are some of the current pilots who are difficult to warm to..

..where their on-camera patter is one dimensional, or speaks as if they have been competing at the top level for years and won a zillion championships when from the outside it could be suggested they are lucky to keep their seat.

I dont know if the teams bother with serious media training, or to introduce them to content creators, to show the world that they are more than just steering wheel attendants

Personal brand matters now more than ever, with so many pilots seemingly coming thru from relative obscurity, and very little distinction between them and the existing crowd.

Some get cut thru despite their on track results. That is probably true as much of the veterans as of the newcomers.

How do you discover you actually like & support a sportsman/sportswoman when you have very little opportunity to discover what they are about?

It is a genuine issue.. especially with the car makers not personally backing drivers any more, and feeding them into their PR systems..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House