Thread: Picture Puzzles
View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4098664)   #2146
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
To be pedantic, Bob, the spelling is with only one "t", and there are quite a few of them around. Amusingly, the listing that CRM provided doesn't have one of the pubs that is possibly the most famous in the land. Well. it does have at least one song written about it, and that is The Old Bull and Bush.

And talking about pubs, Hampstead in North West London has quite a few well known drinking establishments, namely as above The B & B, Jack Straw's Castle, The Spaniards and the Flask to name just four. What I loved about them and all the others around the area was that you just never knew who you might be sitting next to. My last visit before I went off to Spain, I and my partner at the time shared an outside table at the Holly Bush with Melanie Chisholm (a member of the Spice Girls who were a female singing ensemble, m'lud) with her latest squeeze. Hampstead has always tended to be a paparazzi free area, so established names were able to go around without being harassed.
Be as pedantic as you like, Mike, pedantry is better than pederasty.