Thread: MotoGP 2021
View Single Post
Old 5 May 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4049871)   #165
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
A 'low morale' Spanish MotoGP weekend ends on a more positive note for Valentino Rossi at the post-race test; "We finished with a good feeling, because I am able to ride in a better way and improved my pace a lot."

Valentino Rossi admitted morale was 'very low' after his Spanish Grand Prix came to a conclusion, where he had started, in just 17th place.

But the Monday test at least allowed the Italian and his Petronas Yamaha team some 'shy smiles' as Rossi lapped within 0.8s of factory Yamaha pace setter Maverick Vinales for 12th on the timesheets.

It was nothing to celebrate, but that position was higher than Rossi had managed during the grand prix weekend.

"After the race and the whole weekend, my morale and the morale of my team was very low, because we have to try to be faster. Today things were a bit better. We sometimes had a small smile at some points," Rossi said.

The nine-time world champion, who has only finished in the points once in his four Petronas appearances, completed 73 laps of the Jerez circuit as he sought to improve his feel and performance on the latest M1.

Like team-mate Franco Morbidelli, Rossi had a new front fender and new carbon fibre swingarm to try, plus some electronic settings.
Good information, thanks Gordon.