View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3805167)   #639
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I then went on holiday in it, driving it around France. It came back with bald tyres and a blown exhaust, so I flogged it (for £85) through Exchange & Mart and bought a Ford Anglia (deluxe!). It had been hand painted a very delicate bright purple with a wide yellow stripe full length, lowered, and sporting 5.5J steel wheels! I paid less than I got for the Husky, used the balance on buying an 8 track cartridge player!
Obviously the previous owner had based the colour scheme on the paint job for my racing Anglia which we did in honour of Redex Gold Cross who gave me some support in the late 60s into 1970.