View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2019, 01:11 (Ref:3908948)   #30
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I have followed this project for some time and I was a bit disappointed by the trailer. The trailer is probably deceiving on purpose (i.e. including more action even if the film might not have that much action), but I think it is still revealing the style of the movie. And I was hoping for a less flamboyant, more toned down and more serious style.

Altough the movie will probably leave British involvement out of the story (Lola Cars etc), I don't care about small historical inaccuracies, in the same way that I don't care if a World War II movie has wrong kind of museum tanks if the combat scenes are still believably re-created. Unfortunately in this case they might have the correct cars, but the racing scenes look more like Pixar movies and less like old racing film reels emphasized by that flying Ferrari? 100 feet in the air.

Based on the trailer the 1966 race itself is not going to be a huge part of the movie. Hopefully it doesn't simplify the racing part too much.

ps. That Le Mans recreation in the trailer looks a bit like Road Atlanta with CGI scenery. Not bad considering you can immediately tell which sections of the Le Mans they're supposed to resemble. Other circuits that can be recognized are Auto Club, Willow Springs and Fontana as Daytona.

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2019 at 01:31.