View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1734398)   #9
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
At the moment the series isn't looking too strong. Andretti will probably run 4 cars though it's still possible it may be scaled down to 3, Ganassi will certainly run 2, Penske will probably run 2, Rahal will almost certainly run only 1 as Argent went with Danica to Andretti leaving just Pioneer & Ethanol.....which is still a bit iffy about whether it wants to sponsor Rahal next year. Vision will predictably run 2 & Panther will run 1 with a possibility of 2 if funds allow. Foyt will probably just run 1 car, Fernandez may not return whilst Hemelgarn, Dreyer & Reinbold etc are all out at the moment for next year & Tony George can't afford to run every car on the grid for a whole year.

This gives us a grand total of 13, possibly 12, possibly 14. Not great is it..........?
Yes it's not great at all -- This is something I've been concerned about for awhile -- I don't know how the contracts with tracks/promoters are written but the number of 18 minimum cars is bantered about a quite a bit --- and if this applies to the IRL for next season on most tracks -- I would think there's a chance we may not have a season next year at all {not including the 500 of course} -- on the other hand, why aren't the IRL teams scrambling to Champ Car if there's a real reason for concern -- that may be an indication that there are going to be enough cars for next year.