View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3756911)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
What I also find unacceptable - is when a German thinks he's an Italian just because he drives a red car. Specially when his Italian sounds so phony.
I have discussed this point with a number of Germans and Italians that I work with - and their view is the following:

They find it really strange that Brits and Americans are critical of people from one European country speaking in another European language.
They feel that it is only right for a German, in an Italian team, to speak the language of his employer.
They feel that his Italian sounds far from phony, and just sounds typical of someone who normally speaks a Germanic language speaking in a Romanic tongue. If they did not know the speaker, they would place them as being Tyrolean.

So other than a dislike of the individual - I can't understand why people are being critical of Vettel speaking Italian?