View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2022, 13:22 (Ref:4095164)   #428
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Thanks, I did not know about rhd Australian Mustangs and this is the first one I have seen.
We are very fussy about LHD vehicles being used on roads here in Aus. New / modern (LHD) cars imported must be converted to RHD to be driven on the public road.... it is only allowed to drive newer LHD cars with a single journey one-off permit to travel to a "recognised / approved place of conversion".

LHD cars over 25 years old can be driven, but only on a recognised car club registration permit, which allow limited use (I believe 45 driving days per year, although there was talk of being able to get a 90 day one for extra $ ) Each journey must be log booked and any car must not be used for commercial purposes or reward (ie say a car hired out for use in a wedding) For commercial use they must be converted to RHD.

We have a number of our (HTC) club members use the permit system to drive around in weekend 'toys'.

Oh and LHD vehicles (even with permit) cannot be driven at night unless you have paperwork to confirm dipping direction etc is as per RHD lenses the right colour etc. (it seems you cant just demo them working correctly!) Plus you have to have mirrors both sides. Oh and nothing LHD over 4.5 tonnes unless it is a roadsweeper!

That is the rule in Victoria,. NSW is similar. I think Western Aus and Northern Territory are a bit more relaxed about it.

Last edited by E.B; 24 Jan 2022 at 13:27.