View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3715117)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Nevr ceases to amaze me how that in a sport where millions are spent on eery detail of engine performance and car setup.

Drivers are allowed to be fat, cars are covered in stickers inside and a few of them run out of fuel in the biggest race in their calendar.

I even knew about fuel in autograss for God's sake. I know they are pushing to the limit, but to run out and apparently for this to happen a lot, is embarrassing and rather unprofessional
Your comments are rather shortsighted, completely off base and easy to make in hindsight. How many nascar races have you seen come down to fuel mileage where if you pit for fuel, you are guaranteed to lose? Risk it and you just might win. There's been cautions in the last 10 laps for the last 8 of 10 500s (or something like that) where you can just about bank on stopping for fuel.

Not as easy as you are making it out to be, but I'm no professional...