Thread: Driver Bye Bye Fernando
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3844199)   #60
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
To expand on my comment above. I think is shows the calibre of RBR that they still have not officially commented on one of their drivers leaving. Not a single word. Not a thank you. No good luck and all the best. Nothing. Pretty bad showing IMO.

Add to that, Horner's comments post Daniel to Renault announcement, where he said that one of the reasons DR is leaving is because he is scared of competition from Max. Even though DR was offered exactly the same pay and conditions as Max, and CH also went on to say DR might regret his decision. Low blow that from Horner, and uncalled for, specially as those comments were made after Ricciardo had released a video where he thanked Red Bull, and was appreciative of their 10 year journey together.

I sincerely hope that Renault and McLaren are podium contenders next season. As long as they are both ahead of Red Bull, that would be pretty good. Pretty awesome even.

Sadly, making snipey comments seem to be the way that Red Bull operate. Look at the way they've dealt with Renault over the years. It's strange as Christian Horner always appears quite pleasant when interviewed on the TV (or asked for comments from the pit wall during the race), but also seems very skilled calculated nasty comment (like saying he could think of nothing good that had happened during their relationship with Renault, despite the World Championships!).