Thread: Driver Bye Bye Fernando
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3844248)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to agree that unless he is offered a drive in a team that is winning on a regular basis, he will not be back in F1. Assuming he moves to IndyCar, if he enjoys that experience (either via winning, or at the least pure racing) he may also think twice about an F1 return. We also have to take him at his word that he is unhappy with the predictability of F1. So he may not return if the status quo remains.

I fully suspect his goal is an Indy 500 win and that part of that is an understanding that a full time ride in IndyCar can do nothing but help him to achieve that goal. Plus, being good and in a good car is no guarantee for a win at Indy. So he may realize that it may take awhile to accomplish. Better to start now.

Richard