Thread: Driver Bye Bye Fernando
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3844276)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I tend to agree that unless he is offered a drive in a team that is winning on a regular basis, he will not be back in F1. Assuming he moves to IndyCar, if he enjoys that experience (either via winning, or at the least pure racing) he may also think twice about an F1 return. We also have to take him at his word that he is unhappy with the predictability of F1. So he may not return if the status quo remains.

I fully suspect his goal is an Indy 500 win and that part of that is an understanding that a full time ride in IndyCar can do nothing but help him to achieve that goal. Plus, being good and in a good car is no guarantee for a win at Indy. So he may realize that it may take awhile to accomplish. Better to start now.

Richard
He maybe unhappy about the predictability of F1 but IndyCar can equally be quite unpredictable and frustrating. Just because you're on pole doesn't guarantee a race win as much as it does in F1. There are more variables as there are fuels stops, as well as tyre stops and if a Full Course Yellow comes along at the wrong time, a driver can find themselves at the back of the field. However, the racing is a lot closer and I'm sure he is relishing the challenges of racing in IndyCar, especially those different ovals.