View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3679373)   #95
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Hmmm, not sure I understand the analogy.

In 1989, Senna kept his foot down and drove into the side of Prost, knowing the resulting accident would win him the title.

Using that analogy, Johnny kept his foot in and deliberately caused an accident? If so, that means the penalty is justified? Sorry.I'm not following (that's not sarcasm - I know we're used to it on this board recently, but I'm not being difficult, just not following what you mean).

IMO, the corner was lost for Johnny. He dived in knowing he didn't have the momentum and was behind the Porsche now. But I also think it was a bit of an overreaction on this forum. I didn't see it live, but from the posts here I pictured much worse. I imagined some Jason Plato BTCC type pushing.
That was 1990.

'89 was the incident at the chicane where Prost turned down crazy early knowing they'd collide.