View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3872836)   #280
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Recent email from Richard Culverhouse (Classic & Modern Motor Club).

"It does not seem a year ago that several people approached me to form a new Club. It certainly has been a very busy 12 months, starting with a stand at Race Retro where the Club was launched to the motorsport world. A formation of a working committee took place which gave representation of several groups associated with the Club.

By April we became MSA (now Motorsport UK) recognized and at the end of April we had our first race at the MGCC Brands Hatch Race meeting. A very successful Mallory Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival took place in early June followed by a combined race at the VSCC Donington later in the month whilst in September we ran a successful Snetterton event.

So that was 2018, so what of 2019? It’s going to be another exciting year and hopefully something for everyone. Remember we are trying to keep alive the ‘Spirit’ of Club motorsport. Do you have something tucked away in the back of the garage not suitable for any races out there now? Let me know, I sure it can race with the CMMC!!

Anyway, back to 2019. We have 4 major events for you and several invites. Our Race Meetings are as follows:
Snetterton (300) in conjunction with BRSCC on May 25th or 26th.
Mallory Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival on June 16th
Cadwell Park on July 28th
Lydden Hill on October 12th.

We also have several invites to other events at other Circuits especially Bentley Drivers Club on August 3rd at Silverstone and some more modern Race Meetings for our more ‘modern’ cars.

And talking of ‘modern’ cars, we are pleased to have on board 3 Series. These raced with us at Snetterton. Any CMMC member with a suitable car can race in these as a ‘guest’. For more details go to our website (soon to be updated) of www.cmmotorsportclub.com and click on ‘News’.

And finally, we are trying to put together a pre ’64 series for cars complying with FIA regs and are very hopeful we can announce that in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested do drop me a line.

Wishing you all a great and successful 2019.

Richard"