View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3880038)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So D24 has finished. Some thoughts on the coverage.

The IMSA site once again died a spectacular death half an hour before the race. This is now a tradition for Daytona, Sebring and Petit. Meanwhile, the Radio Le Mans Site (which isn't fast or stable at the best of times) provided a link...which also didn't work. Given that YouTube supports Geoblocking, it'd be nice to just put the race on YouTube. WEC is just as bad at this - the technical side of things is a decade behind the rest of the world. We need websites and services that don't fall over at the start of any given event.

Coverage-wise, it was nice to not have Continental trying to tell us how amazing the tyres are whilst we watch them be terrible. Michelin feels more subtle in their marketing. And I guess there has been a separation of RLM/DSC. We usually get to hear GG in the booth when he's on site, but he and DSC were not mentioned. But S365 was mentioned, which is becoming more common. It will be interesting to see how S365.fm and RLM cross over in the future...

Other positives were how well the red flags were filled by IMSA radio. Commentating is hard. Commentating on nothing is harder. They did rather well filling the long gaps.

From a personal point of view, I haven't enjoyed watching racing for about a year (since I started my own project...) and I made the conscious decision to not bother covering anything for 2019 and I enjoyed Daytona a LOT more than any race in 2018. My own project really killed my enjoyment of motorsport. So I think that can be considered dead, lol.