View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3895153)   #42
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Gentlemen, where are you all? Not a single comment about a dramatic Corsica last weekend? I better not say anything just yet in case folks are still waiting to watch it.
I've not seen it all yet - I've watched some of it. Meeke still looks to be overdriving - picking up damage again that ruins his rally. Have to admit I was surprised by the pace of the Fiesta - I thought that'd be bottom of the pile but if anything the Citroen looked to be struggling on the tarmac with even Ogier not able to wring any more pace out of it - both him and Lappi seemed to think they were getting the most out of the car but the times just weren't there. Loeb joined Meeke in damaging the car early so didn't really figure in the fight after that.

There seemed to be a lot of punctures - people taking risks with big cuts on corners? Or are those tyres just a bit weak on the sidewalls?