View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3472883)   #4228
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They could run the Vanguish, yes, or Rapide S. Those are higher performance production models as well. But lines like this just indicate that they are lazy (and for a good reason as I previously said), and last month:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscar365
AMR team principal John Gaw confirmed that the Aston Martin Vantage GTE will receive an aero update for 2016, with an all-new car, based on the replacement to the Vantage road car, set to debut two years later.

“For sure we’ll have an update to this car for 2016,” Gaw told Sportscar365. “We are likely to have a brand-new, bottom-up everything, based on a different model for 2018, because that’s when the new road car comes out.

“You can only homologate a new car once every three years, so we wouldn’t want to homologate one for 2016.”
So putting all the excuses and actual reasons aside, by the end of 2017 when this car will be ultimately retired, the Aston Martin Vantage GT2/GTE/whatever will have raced for 9 years in ACO racing, with the last five in the hands of factory team. And no "aero updates" or 2012 "reworks" or "safety upgrades" will change the fact that it's pretty much the same vehicle that raced a decade earlier.

In a sense I guess none of this really matters anyway since even if they had say Vanquish or whatever it would just get bopped constantly like all the rest, but at least such model would look like the more deserving record holder for "most winning WEC GT marque" than what there is now. Oh well.

@Koenigsegg - It's a viewpoint I personally disagree to the core, but you're welcome to have that of course