View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3472885)   #4229
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They could run the Vanguish, yes, or Rapide S. Those are higher performance production models as well. But lines like this just indicate that they are lazy (and for a good reason as I previously said), and last month:

So putting all the excuses and actual reasons aside, by the end of 2017 when this car will be ultimately retired, the Aston Martin Vantage GT2/GTE/whatever will have raced for 9 years in ACO racing, with the last five in the hands of factory team. And no "aero updates" or 2012 "reworks" or "safety upgrades" will change the fact that it's pretty much the same vehicle that raced a decade earlier.

In a sense I guess none of this really matters anyway since even if they had say Vanquish or whatever it would just get bopped constantly like all the rest, but at least such model would look like the more deserving record holder for "most winning WEC GT marque" than what there is now. Oh well.

@Koenigsegg - It's a viewpoint I personally disagree to the core, but you're welcome to have that of course
If you dont like it dont watch it?

At the end of the day AMR dont have another platform they can use other than the Vantage because this is the car that Aston Martin want to compete in the market with Ferrari and Porsche. Why should they build a whole new GTE on the same platform every couple of seasons?

Every year the 458 gets updates, the 997 RSR ran forever with updates.