View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3848770)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a double edged sword isn't it?
I am a fervent supporter of amateur club racing and I attend an awful lot of wholly amateur(or very nearly) events across all sorts of disciplines but watching some of the pros demonstrate their skills in a myriad of historic legendary touring cars is no less entertaining and for events such as the revival it is an obvious crowd puller. The levels of commitment show in both qualy sessions today for the St Marys trophy was quite incredible. The second session was no less intense than the first with Mike Jordan and Steve Soper absolutely wringing the neck out of their Lotus Cortinas(or at least that's what they were originally) and watching Nick Swift(is he a pro or an am?) throwing that mini into Madgwick at full tilt is just something to behold.
Personally I think that the Daily Express Rover is a great car to watch in whoever hands but then again I'm quite unbiased as to whether or not one car or driver is better because I mentally balance the performance according to financial and driver experience input. As I said Peter, and I really understand your sentiment, the problem is quite a conundrum and historically has always been so.