View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3927324)   #4807
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The Marina TC was an answer to the Chrysler Avenger Tiger which came out in 1972(ish). Don't know if anyone here ever drove one, but the Avenger was quite a nice car to drive.
Tiger? My mother had one, JNG262L, complete with the Magnesium Minilites that the early cars were fitted with, and which only just survived the first winter salt..... Think later ones had Dunlop alloys instead.

I eventually bought the car, sold my Mex, and prepared the Tiger for rallying. That consisted of fitting basic safety stuff, sump guard and Goodyear knobblies! Off I went to do the local SCCON Midsummer Stages Rally. Finished just, but by the end of the event the body shell had all but fallen apart, the standard spot welds definitely man enough for the job........ Car hastily repaired and sold!