View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2020, 20:36 (Ref:4026147)   #3470
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
You can still go swimming, Gordon - there's a picture in the Times today of a young lady in a swimsuit using a sledgehammer to break the ice in Loch Insh in the highlands so they could go swimming......... I think her bobble hat would have got a bit soggy, though
Years ago a load of us went skiing in Austria although none of us could ski any sense. We went for the après more than anything else and one evening we went to an indoor swimming baths. We noticed that there were thick plastic curtains that you could swim through leading into the freezing moonlit night so we ventured out. There was also an outdoor pool that was completely frozen over and one of our lot using a metal chair broke a hole in it. My other half who is up for just about anything jumped in and screamed " it's f*****g cold" (well she is a blonde" She can't be normal as she still swims in our unheated pool in Spain in the cold months and does the sea swim on New Years Day. As for me the only way that I will do it is wearing one of my different thickness wetsuits and October is the last month in the year that I will sea swim with normal trunks.
As a matter of interest how many of you 10/10thers have swam in the thermal pool at Spa ? It's brilliant with views over the town and also has an outdoor part that you can swim into.

Happy new year to all on 10/10ths
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !