View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2019, 00:44 (Ref:3912768)   #13
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
However, Supercar events had to deal with significant crowd behaviour issues at Bathurst in particular (top of mountain) back in the day and the problem behaviour was eradicated or reduced to almost nothing many years ago...
I remember the first time the family and I went to the Mountain back in '04 for Peter Brock's last hit at Bathurst, the first thing we were told was "Don't go up the top unless you're crazy or want to get hurt." The stories we saw and heard were pretty shocking to a retaliative young family. (the furniture fires, constant drinking and fights alongside constant hooning with practically junked cars. There was a person who sadly died from gas asphyxia after he drunkenly went to sleep in the back of camper ute, not knowing his gas bottle was leaking) Ever since then there has been a number of state and federal police on constant riot patrol. (recently they've had water cannons at their disposal) Usually the cops around are actually decent people who are up for a bit of a chat and some harmless banter. (One year I chatted to a police officer who was also a skilled guitar player so gave him some custom guitar picks I had in my wallet. He was pretty overjoyed about them as he was a fan of the movie Dredd and the picks had the movie logo on them)