Thread: Chevron B16
View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2007, 07:12 (Ref:2004861)   #34
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdm
Thanks, this is much more concrete than making vague statements to remove the "fake" B16s

I did see a car with #36 during the 2005 Monterey Historics, when Chevron was one of the featured marques. I did not ask Sheldon if that was his car, although when I recently asked him about the number of his car, he immediately returned with the question whether I knew of another #36.

As far as #26 is concerned, it is stated in this thread that the Chevron manufacturing records were not the best which of course is a convenient aspect for those who want to introduce cars under numbers that were "officially" not used. You may also know that the first cars did not carry numbers at all, but were retroactively numbered to get the B8 homologated as a GT. I have no idea whether the no-numbering practice was carried over to the B16 as well, but I assume not. The ones not built are of course all the cars with the "11" factor and the #13, but for the rest, why should Chevron have skipped a large amount of non contentious numbers?