Thread: Chevron B16
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2007, 04:05 (Ref:2022254)   #50
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa23
I'm trying this response again. Typed it once but don't think it got sent, still getting used to this system. Yes the Historics, I was there as well and saw all three cars and they all were red. There are three B16's listed in the program, two with pictures and one without. They were car 118 chassis#28,car 23 chassis #23 and car 123 Chassis #36, the ex Kopf car. The Chassis # for car 123 is not shown in this year's program but it is the same car and driver that raced the Historics in 2005&2006 and the chassis #36 is shown in both of those programs. The General Racing Site shows the three B16's in the race results for Group 7A with car 118-4th,car 123-7th and car 23- 8th. Only two B16's raced the pre Historics ,chassis #28 as car 118 and chassis#36 as car 23 (a bit confusing) chassis #23 did not race the pre historics.

Chassis #36 also raced at the Lime Rock Vintage Festival run by General Racing two weeks after the Historics. The program for that event does show the chassis #. Chassis #36 ran that event in 2005&2006 as well and the programs show the chassis #. According to the General Racing site the car finished 4th and 6th in the two Group 8 races at Lime Rock this year.

The simple point of the post is to inform that there has been a B16 chassis #36 racing in the US for about 20 years not to point out it's previous history.
thanks again, and really I am not trying to argue that there was no #36 running, but I am trying to explore the fact that there are obviously two cars running with the same number. I must also admit that I would have sworn only to have seen two red cars, but if they keep fiddling around with the racing numbers, one can get easily confused, and if this whole thread is about confusing things, this was certainly another contribution to that. I did see #36 in 2005, but only in the paddock. (Was at Pebble during Sunday). I can't remember having seen it in 2006. Do you remember what number it used then?

anyway, we ("in Europe") have the #36 participating in the Classic Endurance Racing series, and this car's history is also known since the early eigthies.

here is the plate

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plate1sgv6.jpg

as I said earlier, we probably are looking at two phenixes, emerging from the ashes of the ex-Siffert car....

Last edited by henk4; 25 Sep 2007 at 04:11.