View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2113668)   #68
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
--The IRL doesn't need the turbos.
--The IRL doesn't need the Panoz DP-01.
--Long Beach would be useful to a merged series.
--Toronto loses money and construction threatens the course.
--Cleveland is great for the race fan, who can see a lot there, but the race loses money, so the IRL doesn't need it.
--Surfers could be useful as a very well-attended and stable event although it doesn't really fall into the IRL's program of North American racing.
--Portland loses money and has for years.
--Edmonton has lost money. Whether it's about to turn the corner in its short maturity, I don't know.
--Mont Tremblant lost money.

And as far as different chassis are concerned, you already saw what great interest was drawn by the DP-01, which was billed as the great saviour of the series.
Blah, blah, blah, fishpaste...

The IRL could do with sponsors, a few more well funded teams and drivers, some of ChampCars top events. Not just for the 500, but at every other event.

He could do with some of the teams currently in ChampCar. He could do with some of the well attended events.

The Indianapolis 500 may be a big event, but it isn't everything. And, even then, Tony has to put his hands into his pocket every May just to make sure he has a full grid.

I don't see 33 cars at all the other events. Do you?

Take your head out of the sand and realise neither series is particularly wonderful at the moment. Your continual kiss-assing of the IRL is obviously grating towards quite a few members of this forum.